So, this post will be a rather brief but informative
one. After some careful thought and research, I have decided to move this
fledgling blog off of blogger and utilize tumblr instead. There are a myriad of
reasons for this. First and foremost, blogger is a platform which works
extraordinarily well for blogs which are primarily text based. However, as soon
as you try and add multimedia content the platform tends to get very picky
about what it will accept, and the blog’s formatting or functionality becomes
very funky. Tumblr is much better suited to a multi-modality approach to
blogging.
Additionally, over the past few days I have not been
able to update this blog as much as I would like. I have had a fair amount of
down time lately, though I am not always able to be at my computer when this
occurs. Therefore, I have been doing my service dog research while on the go. A
few times I have found things that I have really wanted to share, but have not
been able to update my blog on my mobile devices. When I have gotten home and
tried to find the links again, or remember the thoughts that I wanted to put
down from my own personal experiences, I can never seem to do so with what I
feel is sufficient accuracy. Now that I am moving the blog to tumblr, I will be
able to use the tumblr app on my iPhone to update when it is convenient for me
to do so.
To be honest, I had thought about using tumblr in the
very beginning, but resisted. I felt that the blog I was trying to write might
not fit in well with the general atmosphere of the tumblr community. They
really are a quirky bunch who have been known to have very passionate reactions
to things. I really had to question
whether I was prepared and able to put up with people who might be a bit
judgmental. But now, I’ve decided I really don’t much care. If people respond
to my blog in that way, then that only means I have a greater opportunity and
responsibility to proactively educate those around me. I have as much right as anyone else to create
and express myself in a way which makes me feel comfortable. So, tumblr will be
my new “home” blogwise.
I am really looking forward to documenting my
experience through several diverse mediums as it continues to unfold, and
making some of the things I have found most useful (from YouTube videos to
pictures and news articles) available to you all in an easily accessible
format. Thank you for your patience as I’ve worked the kinks out of this
endeavor.
Yours,
Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment